Origin Green Eligibility Criteria
Origin Green is a sustainability development programme that encompasses the Irish food supply chain and all associated activities from farming to food processing. Where ingredients are sourced from outside the Irish supply chain the food processing undertaken in Ireland must represent a significant element of the total manufacturing footprint. Where seafood is exported without further processing the producers involved are required to be members of a recognised Quality Assurance programme and which incorporates a sustainability element.
- Applicants must produce or handle food for human consumption.
- Companies must have a minimum turnover of >€100,000 per annum to participate in the Origin Green Charter.
- Applicants must have a ROI based production facility(ies) to be eligible to participate in the Origin Green Charter.
- All manufacturing as it relates to inclusion in the Origin Green plan must be ROI based.
- Applicants must be in production for a minimum of one full calendar year prior to applying for the Origin Green charter. This will ensure baseline data to develop sustainability targets is available from the outset.
- Applicants must ensure they are formally registered as a Bord Bia client.
- Applicants must have a recognized Food Safety Management System in place to ensure minimum food safety standards are maintained and basic customer requirements are met (e.g. BRC). For companies with a turnover <€500k, HACCP will be accepted.
How much will it cost to be part of Origin Green?
The first stage i.e. Registration of Interest, is free.
The next stage, Formal Applications of Plans, costs €700. Plans will not be reviewed until payment is received.
Once plans are approved and the company becomes a member of Origin Green, an annual progress report fee of €350 will be due each year to cover the costs of third party verification.
Companies eligible for Marketing Assistance Programme (MAP) may have costs covered by this programme.
Origin Green is here to help you with your Sustainability Plan.
Bord Bia hold a series of workshops that will guide you through the Origin Green sustainability plan template, giving you practical advice and examples of how you can finalise your sustainability plan so that it is ready for submission. Please note: Priority to attend one of these workshops will be given on a first come first served basis, in accordance with the Register of Interest date.
Sign up to the Origin Green programme