Mackerel, Herring, Horse Mackerel, Blue Whiting, Sardinella, Sardine, Silver Smelt, Saithe, Capelin and Sprat.
Catching, processing and marketing frozen pelagic fish products. Its activities include operating RSW catching vessels, sea freezing vessels and shore freezing factories.
The Atlantic Dawn Group was established over 50 years ago. During that time it has consistently been at the forefront of the pelagic fishing industry.
The company owns and operates a fleet of sophisticated catching vessels, capable of targeting pelagic fish when they are in their prime.
On board fish handling and refrigeration systems ensure the catch quality is maintained until it is delivered to one of its processing facilities.
The finished products are then exported globally.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Maintain MSC Chain of Custody for herring.
- Maintain RSS standard on company vessels.
- To have their production facility issued with MSC Chain of Custody for North East Atlantic mackerel.
- To have their production facility issued with MSC Chain of Custody for Atlantic blue whiting.
- To have their production facility issued with MSC Chain of Custody for North Sea herring.
- Work with industry to initiate MSC certification for horse mackerel and sprat.
- To achieve 5% reduction in energy consumption (electricity) over the duration of the plan.
- To achieve a 20% reduction in water consumption over the duration of the plan.
- Maintain current level of financial contributions to local worthy causes.
- Maintain current levels with regards to employee welfare.
- Support local coast and cliff rescue service.
Unique Selling Points
The company is vertically integrated, from catch to delivery, in the destination markets.
The Atlantic Dawn team controls each link of the chain to ensure consistently high quality products are delivered in an efficient manner.