Soft Tortillas, Frying Tortillas, Pre-cut Uncooked Tortilla Chips
The manufacturing of authentic Mexican corn tortillas and tortilla chips.
Blanco Niño is an authentic tortilleria based in Clonmel, Tipperary. The company was started by its founder, Phil Martin, who travelled to the milpas, molinos and tortillerias of Mexico to learn the ancient cooking processes of nixtamalization.
Having opened the award-winning Mexican street food restaurant Little Ass Burrito Bar in 2012, Martin has since been working towards bringing the Blanco Niño Tortilla Revolution to the masses.
All products are made using sustainably grown, non-GM corn, that is cooked and then slow steeped for 16 hours, before being ground using hand carved volcanic stone grinders. The process is pure and simple; beautiful white corn, lime and water, and that’s it.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Source 100% Corn from supplier who have certified sustainable production systems in place.
- Investigate alternative European sources of corn.
- Source 100% Corrugated packaging from supplier using best practice and using paper from sustainable sources.
- Explore the possibilities of reducing our use of plastic packaging.
- Blanco Nino will establish baseline data during 2016 through using the Origin Green Tracker.
- Identify Energy reduction initiatives.
- Arrange school/student visits to observe the manufacturing process .
- Select and support 3 local social/charitable organisations.
Unique Selling Points
Blanco Niño isn’t just a business, product, place, or thing – it is a way of thinking. It is a way of doing business along with an ambition and ability to provide an enriching food experience.
Blanco Niño also provides service support alongside its authentic, quality, traditional cooking process.