Goat's Cheese and Jersey Cream Cheese.
Artisan cheese processing of soft cheese products.
Based in Newtownshandrum, Charleville, Co. Cork, Bluebell Falls is a family business, run by Victor and Breda O’ Sullivan.
Its free range goats have some of the best grazing land in Ireland, leading them to produce the highest quality goat’s milk. The result is perfect for making unique, spreadable, handmade, farmhouse goats’ cheese.
The goats’ cheese is made under strict hygiene and traceability conditions as laid down by the BRC (British Retail Consortium), while still retaining the company’s core values through small batches.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Bluebell Falls pride themselves on the natural status of their products, which are made in harmony with nature. Everything takes place on the family farm. The company has their own goats which supply the milk to produce the cheese. These goats graze freely on the farm. The goats are milked daily, with the milk being transferred to the dairy for production, which is right next door to the milking parlour, resulting in zero food miles and full traceability from farm to fork.
- For any raw materials which need to be brought in, Bluebell Falls uses only BRC certified products from local food suppliers.
- Bluebell Falls are currently monitoring their energy use, waste, and water use in order to establish baselines to monitor future targets against. The company are also reviewing their manufacturing methods to identify areas to improve. Come 2018 Bluebell Falls will set reduction targets within these areas.
- Bluebell Falls are committed to improving and enhancing biodiversity on their farm. The company plant willow trees, which treat waste water by drawing up nutrients.
- To work with universities to research and promote the health benefits of goats’ milk, which include the product’s high protein level.
- Bluebell Falls collaborates with Irish charity Bóthar, providing livestock sustainability assistance for communities in Africa in the form of goats for breeding, assisting in providing these communities a source of income and sustenance while promoting community ideals and long-term sustainability.
Unique Selling Points
Bluebell Falls’ award-winning cheese comes from its very own herd of free range goats.
Awards & Accreditations
Bluebell Falls has received numerous awards, including accolades from the British Cheese Awards, the Blas na hÉireann Awards, the Artisan Cheese Awards, and the Great Taste Awards.
The company are BRC certified.