Green Curry Paste, Red Curry Paste, Massaman Curry Paste, Khao Soi Ghai Curry Paste, Chu Chee Curry Paste, Ramen Soup, Tom Yam Goong Soup, Seasoning Sauce, Pad Thai Sauce, Sweet Chilli Sauce, Plum Sauce, Peanut Sauce, Chilli Oil Sauce, Duck Spring Roll, Vegetable Spring Roll, Chicken Skewers and Char Sui Pork.
Producing authentic Asian sauces and dips, hand-rolled spring rolls and curry pastes.
Inspired by the style, functionality and good taste of the 1930s’ Asian Art Deco movement, Camile was created to bring the sophistication of French-inspired, Asian cooking – particularly Thai cuisine – to the masses.
Camile Thai is a wholly Irish-owned company, established during the recession in 2010, and is a leading manufacturer of authentic Asian sauces, dips and curry pastes.
Using only the finest ingredients, its products are free from MSG and any artificial flavours. These products are used in its outstanding home-delivery services, which have proven to be very popular.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Beef and pork is sourced in the Republic of Ireland. Robinsons Meat is EIQA approved.
- All meat purchased out of the Republic of Ireland Robinsons Meat is only purchased from EEC mark approved sources, and they have to be BRC accredited.
- Fresh salmon is farmed Atlantic and Kish Fish is SFPA and EQA approved and certified.
- All other ingredients are purchased with Musgrave, which is a verified Origin Green member.
- The company are currently planning to import a 20-foot container of soy and oyster sauce directly from China. The packaging is 20kg foil lined which will eliminated plastic containers and reduce the card board packaging.
- The company also source Musgrave Coconut Milk in 20kg foil lined, to eliminate tins; and 10kg curry paste in 2 x 5kg vacuum packs to eliminate plastic tubs and reduce card board packaging.
- Currently sponsor Suttonians Rugby Club.
- Provide a monthly free cooking demonstration to local communities.
- Provide free lectures on health foods to: Dublin City University, Trinity College and Ternerue College, and secondary schools around Dublin.
- A healthy and free meal (family dinner) is provided to all staff.
- Every Thursday morning, a free Yoga class is offered for the staff.
- The company have a well-structured training program in place.
- All staff are invited to participate in a quarterly staff meeting, which attendance is paid for and includes a lunch.
- Employees are paid above the minimum wage.
- Health and Nutrition:
- Plan to reduce refined sugar in recipes by 2000kg and salt by 100kg.
- Currently the company are working with a nutritionist, Niamh O’Conner RD MINDI, based in Cork, to analyse all of the recipes (eg calories and allergens).
- Engage with health food chefs, athletes, health food blogers (e.g. Domini Kemp, Derval O’Rourke, Natalya Coyle, and Indy Power) to design exclusive healthy dishes for Camile.
- Educate the customer on all the health and nutritional aspects via the company web-site, on menus and social media, as well providing lectures and cooking demos.
- Provide a Bike to Work Scheme.
- Menu is friendly for lactose intolerant individuals.
- Brown and wild rice has now replaced steamed white rice in all main dishes.
Unique Selling Points
Camile Thai is the purveyor of authentic Asian sauces, dips and curry pastes, and prides itself on only using the best ingredients. Its products are free from MSG and any artificial flavours.
Awards & Accreditations
- Voted the Healthiest Take Away 2014, Best Thai 2015/2016
- Applied for the Regulation (EC) No 853/2004 Certificate