Irish Pale Ale, Irish Stout, Irish Red, Leann Folláin Extra Stout, Irish Lager, Double IPA, Curim Gold Wheat Beer, Irish Red Nitro, Natural Blonde, Hop Adventure Series – Single Hop IPA, Notorious Red IPA, Opsession IPA, Freebird White IPA, 51st State IPA, Falling Apple Cider, Falling Apple – Raspberry & elderflower cider, Craigies Craft Cider Ballyhook Flyer and Craigies Craft Cider Dalliance.
One of the pioneers of the Irish craft beer movement, Carlow Brewing was established in 1996. The company has a passion for good beer, channelling its expertise into what is now considered Ireland’s leading craft brewery.
Carlow Brewing has won numerous awards, most notably several Gold Medal gongs at various festivals across the globe, as well as Best in Category at the 2015 Irish Whiskey Awards.
It also prides itself in being export ready.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Increase sourcing from Irish Grain Assurance Scheme verified suppliers by 5% per year.
- Increase amount of raw materials sourced from Irish suppliers by 15% by 2018 based on baseline figure from 2015.
- To reduce electricity usage by up to 15% per hectolitre of beer produced by 2018 based on 2015 baseline’s figure.
- To reduce water usage by 15% against hectolitres of beer produced by 2018 based on 2015’s baseline figure.
- Reduce waste to landfill by 25% versus beer produced by 2018 based on 2015.
- Support local charity events to the value of at least €2000 per year
Offer work experience to a minimum of 2 local students per year.
- Work with a local elderly programme (B.E.A.M services) to raise awareness and extra funds through fundraising.
- Initiate a project to restore a landmark building in Bagenlastown that dates from the late 1700’s, and is intrinsically linked to Ireland’s brewing and distilling heritage.
Unique Selling Points
With over 20 years experience in the craft beer sector, the Carlow company is considered one of Ireland’s leading craft breweries. It is export ready and a multi award-winner in its field.
Awards & Accreditations
- Stout: Championship Trophy & Double Gold Medal Winner – International Brewing Industry Awards 2000
- Bronze – Dublin Craft Beer Cup 2013
- Irish Red: Bronze – The Great International Beer Festival, Rhode Island 2014
- Leann Folláin: Silver – European Beer Star Award 2015
- Gold – Dublin Craft Beer Cup 2013
- Silver – Brussels Beer Challenge 2016
- Notorious Red IPA: Gold – Irish Quality Food & Drink Awards
- Barrel-Aged Leann Folláin: Best in Category – Irish Whiskey Awards 2015
- Gold – 2016 Irish Whiskey Awards 2016