Cooked ham, cooked chicken, cooked turkey and cooked beef.
The manufacturing and distribution of cooked meats.
Founded in 1979 by Seamus Carroll, Carroll Cuisine started as a cooked ham manufacturer and distributer. The business was acquired by IAWS in 2004.
Three years later in 2007, Carrolls was awarded its Bord Bia certification. Come 2009, the company expanded into the manufacturing of pre-packed sliced meats.
By 2015, a management-led buyout instigated significant growth, and Carrolls began manufacturing poultry and beef. Later that year, it was awarded the fastest-growing brand in Ireland and also maintained its spot as the number one selling ham brand.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- 90% of pork is sourced from suppliers with sustainability credentials in place.
- 50% reduction in waste to landfill over 5 years
- 10% reduction in water usage over 5 years.
- 15% reduction in energy usage per product output over 5 years.
- Sponsorship of Offaly GAA teams.
- Donation of food products to charitable organisations (i.e. Bia Food).
Unique Selling Points
While Carrolls is Ireland’s number one selling ham brand, the company also gives back to the community by sponsoring Offaly GAA teams since 1991.
Awards & Accreditations
- Great Taste Award 2016
- BRC Grade A