Gateau, Cheesecakes, Pies, Tarts, Puddings, Individual Desserts, Mini Assiettes and Baked Goods.
Supplying luxury premium desserts to airlines, coffee chains, hotels, restaurants, catering companies, distributors and the retail trade.
Margaret and Celine began making artisan patisserie goods and desserts for hotels and restaurants in 1998, proudly upholding Margaret’s family heritage in baking which dated back to the 1930s.
Today its entire range remains handmade by a team of highly-skilled pâtissiers in the heart of Dublin. Delicately crafting classically modern desserts is a fine art. From cheesecake and gateaux to pies and tarts, each of Couverture’s mouth-watering sweets reflects this mastery.
The company now manufactures over 10,000 desserts per day from its manufacturing site in the heart of Dublin city.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Source 100% Sustainable sourcing of products from all suppliers with certified palm oil.
- Source from suppliers with recognised certifications – 95% by Feb 2017.
- Move all direct delivered business customers to Foodservice Providers (This was successfully implemented in 2015/16)
- Reduce the number of man hours driving stock from site to warehouse, and warehouse to customer (driving hours went from 60hr per week to 20hr per week).
- Waste: Implement a waste management system to reduce waste sent to landfill by 10% and increase recycling.
- Establish baseline energy use and to develop a baseline for emissions from transportation, and identify methods to reduce emissions.
- Since 2016, surplus frozen food has been donated quarterly to the Food Bank which is used for charities etc.
- Increase the number of work placements/experience offered to DIT students. Since 2009 work placements/experience have been offered to a number of DIT students.
- Couverture has encouraged all staff to participate in the Bike2Work bike scheme where possible. Notices have been placed in canteens and communication through their weekly payslips has helped get the message across.
Unique Selling Points
Couverture’s customers are looking for suppliers that they can trust and partner with on product innovation. The success of the company has been achieved through a dynamic approach to business, tracking and predicting consumer trends in the marketplace.
Couverture likes to ensure it remains at the forefront when it comes to product innovation. Research and development plays a significant role at Couverture and it is constantly devising new menus, working with chefs, looking to new emerging markets and new consumer trends.
Awards & Accreditations
Couverture Desserts has received a number of awards, including 18 Blas Na hÉireann Awards, four Great Taste Awards, two Irish Quality Food Awards, as well as the Enterprise Ireland Food Producer of the Year in 2012.
The company is BRC Grade A and HACCP compliant.