Crassotrea Gigas (Pacific oyster)
Producing oysters of the highest quality.
The Diver family have been involved in oyster farming in Trawbreaga Bay, Inishowen, Co. Donegal, for more than 30 years.
They recently expanded operations to the nearby Lough Foyle and Lough Swilly.
Founder Paddy Diver started farming oysters in Trawbreaga Bay and, since taking over the business in the early 2000s, Derek Diver is expanding operations and taking the business in a new and exciting direction.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Trial of alternative, more sustainable packaging (seed bags) in partnership with seed suppliers.
- Improve energy efficiency by establishing a baseline for use and making improvements as appropriate.
- Reduce waste on the foreshore.
- To explore options for reusing and/or recycling of expanded polystyrene seed boxes.
- Establish a baseline for freshwater usage and research options for a rainwater harvesting system.
- Minimise risks to biodiversity and operations from invasive species around the area in which the company operates.
- Crocknagee Oysters seek to continually improve their standing in the community, and with visitors due to their location on the Wild Atlantic Way, and to attain recognition of our contribution to a healthy environment, and continued stewardship of the local environment especially in Lough Swilly and to continue to provide much needed local employment to young people in our area together with ongoing care for employee wellbeing through training.
- Improve the amenity of licensed areas for all users, ensuring safe navigation around surrounding cultural sites.
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with the local community by partnering with Doagh Famine Village, and sponsoring the local sports club and Clomany Festival.
- Holding staff appreciate events to improve employee satisfaction and wellbeing.
Unique Selling Points
The consumer can expect a high quality product, every time.