Mild Cheddars, Medium Cheddars, Mature Cheddar, Extra Mature Cheddar, Vintage Cheddar, Unsalted Sweetcream Butter, Unsalted Lactic Butter, Salted Sweetcream Butter, AMF and Butteroil.
Supplying trade partners with bulk cheese and butter fats ingredients which are selected specifically for each customer based on their tastes and preferences.
A fully-owned family business established since 1986, Dansko Foods Ltd is situated in the centre of Ireland’s historical ‘Golden Vale’ region – the heartland of dairy production.
As Ireland’s largest independently-owned dairy business, it is committed to being the leading company of choice in the industry.
Dansko Foods Ltd sources and supplies dairy ingredients – cheese, butter, butter fats and milk powders – either in bulk or added value formats. It is in a unique position of being able to supply a variety of dairy products, at different grades, to meet customer requirements.
It is the only organisation in Ireland and UK operating in this space to have supply contracts with all the major Irish and UK dairy companies.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Dansko Food are aiming to source 90% of their food raw materials by food companies who are either Origin Green Certified (for ROI based suppliers) or Red Tractor and/or ISO 14001 Certified (for UK based suppliers) by 2019.
- Develop a sustainability initiative with suppliers, with the aim of implementing the use of reusable plastic tote bins to transfer raw materials, reducing the volume of cardboard and timber pallets entering the business.
- To have 100% LED lights in place on the premise.
- Achieve a 10% reduction in waste to landfill.
- Increase amount recycled by 10%.
- Development of a 3-acre agricultural plot of land to be transformed into an educational and work based horticultural site.
- Dansko Foods have committed to making sizeable contributions to the community’s local school, which will be spread over the next 3 years.
- Encourage employees to avail of the bike to work scheme.
Unique Selling Points
The company selects products from its large pool of suppliers which meet the specific need of each individual customer. Its value add site allows it to supply high quality products at a below market price.
Awards & Accreditations
BRC Grade A