Boneless Pork & Bacon Cuts, Bone In Pork & Bacon Cuts, Carcasses, Pork Steak, Rind, Bacon, Lean Meat, Bellies, Legs, Shoulders, Loins
Pigmeat processing, including slaughtering, primal cutting, de-boning, trimming, curing, packing and freezing.
Dawn Pork & Bacon has origins with the Arrow Group. Part of the Group’s original activities included the production of live pigs, and in 1986 the company decided to extend its offering by slaughtering and processing its own pigs.
With that in mind, a new purpose-built facility was constructed, containing one of the most modern and technically efficient pork processing plants in Europe.
The current workforce stands at 298 and has a capacity to slaughter 10,800 pigs per week in one shift pattern. The operation consists of slaughtering, primal cutting, de-boning, trimming, curing, packing and freezing.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- All pigs sourced from Bord Bia Quality Assured herds in Republic of Ireland.
- Reduce energy consumption by 50% per tonne of product processed by 2019.
- Reduce water consumption by 45% per tonne of product processed by 2019.
- Reduce amount of organic sludge produced by 40% by 2019.
- Achieve ISO14001 certification.
- Sponsorship, job support and contribution to the local economy, positive work place promotion, career development and employee health and well-being.
Unique Selling Points
All pigs are from Bord Bia Quality Approved herds in the Republic of Ireland.
Awards & Accreditations