Range of Kids Character Sausage – cooked with design, Range of Classic German Style Speciality Sausage – cooked with design, Seasonal Design Sausage, Additional Gourmet Sausage Specialities
Developing children's cooked meat products containing designs for over 30 years.
Feldhues Group rose from a small, traditional butcher shop in the town of Metelen in Westphalia, Germany. Today, the group consists of two modern plants, with focus placed on the production of special cooked meat products displaying designs.
The first production plant, Feldhues Fleischwarenbetriebe GmbH, was built in Metelen in 1978. Just six years later, the company decided to set up a second plant in the Republic of Ireland – Feldhues GmbH Fleischwarenproduktion in Clones, Co. Monaghan.
At the beginning of 2013, the Feldhues family decided to stop production at the oldest site in Metelen while expanding capacities at the Irish site. The latter site mainly serves the UK and Irish markets and now also produces classic sausage specialities in addition to kids novelty sausage. It also runs state-of-the-art slicing and packaging lines for pre-pack in diverse formats.
In 2004, a completely new manufacturing site was taken into operation in Metelen – Feldhues Fun Foods GmbH. The company focuses on manufacturing character meat products for larger customers, mostly B2B.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Increase the percentage of meat bought from welfare approved farms.
- All ingredients sourced are quality certified e.g. BRC, IFS
- Reduce electricity usage per kWh tonne of product produced by 4% year-on-year.
- Reduce burst bag wastage by 50%.
- Sponsorship is given annually to the company’s local Chamber of Commerce, which is used for local community initiatives e.g. Christmas Lights, Clones Canal Festival, GAA
- The company also takes an interest in employee health and wellbeing, with medicals organised for all staff on a 2 yearly basis. Feldhues GmbH are now offering a variety of healthy foods once a month to their employees to promote a healthy diets.
Unique Selling Points
The production equipment developed and installed within the Feldhues Group assures that finished products are of a consistent visual quality. Up to five different coloured meat emulsions can be used to create outstanding products.
Aside from the impressive design definition, the products are seasoned to suit children’s taste without artificial flavour enhancers. The children’s sausage is guaranteed allergen-free, available in different packaging formats (industry, trade, consumer pack) with a shelf-life of up to seven months.
Awards & Accreditations