Ornua Foods is responsible for the international marketing and sales of Kerrygold, Dubliner, Pilgrims Choice, Shannongold, Forto and BEO. Ornua Ingredients is responsible for the procurement of Irish and non-Irish dairy products and for the sale of dairy ingredients to food manufacturers and foodservice customers.
Marketing and selling dairy products on behalf of its members – Ireland’s dairy processors and, in turn, the Irish dairy farmer. Ornua is an agri-food commercial co-operative.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ornua is Ireland’s largest exporter of Irish dairy products, exporting to circa 110 countries worldwide and has sales of approximately €1.7bn annually. It operates from 20 business units worldwide and has sales and marketing teams working in-market across the globe.
Ornua’s business is comprised of two divisions: Ornua Foods and Ornua Ingredients. Ornua Foods is responsible for the international marketing and sales of its consumer brands. Markets are served by plants and in-market sales and marketing teams in Ireland, the UK, Germany, the rest of Europe, the US, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.
Ornua Ingredients is responsible for the procurement of Irish and non-Irish dairy products, and for the sale of dairy ingredients to food manufacturers and foodservice customers. It is supported by plants in Saudi Arabia, Spain, the UK, the US and by in-market teams in the Middle East and Africa region.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- To develop a Sustainable Sourcing Policy and achieve 100% member sign up.
- Kerrygold Park manufacturing processes baseline is being gathered in 2017 with targets to be set in 2018.
- At Ornua Innovation Centre, Moorepark, the company will divert 250kg of waste powder away from from general waste
- Reduce annual water use by 5% at Head Office.
- Reduce waste to landfill by 30% per person at Head Office.
- Introduction of a health and wellness program for Ornua global staff from 2017.
- Donate 5,000kg per year of suitable food product from Kerrygold Park to Food Cloud from 2017 onwards.
Unique Selling Points
Ornua has over 50 years’ experience growing profitable routes to market for Irish dairy. It adds value through its brands and ingredients by marketing Ireland’s unique selling point; its grass-fed advantage.
Innovation is at the heart of what Ornua does and it has dedicated innovation teams in both its foods and ingredients businesses, which meet the evolving needs of its customers.
Ornua is dedicated to growing its business in a sustainable and responsible manner.
Awards & Accreditations
- Best Cream Liqueur: Kerrygold Irish Cream Liqueur – World Liqueur Awards 2016
- Kerrygold Original Irish Yogurt and the Original Irish Butter – The Milk Marketing Magazine Products of the Year 2016 / 2017
- 15 Awards: Ornua Cheeses – International Cheese Awards 2016
- Client and Supplier Collaboration Award – The Irish Logistics and Transport Awards 2016
- Ornua and Teagasc – Knowledge Transfer Ireland ‘Licence to Market Impact’ Award 2017
- Global Trade Review’s (GTR) ‘Best Deal’ Award for being the first organisation in the world to complete a trade transaction using blockchain technology – 2016
- BRC Grade AA Global Standard Accreditation at all established manufacturing sites globally
- ISO 50001 compliance
- ZNU certification at Ornua Deutschland