Packaged White Bread, Packaged Wholemeal Bread, Packaged Wholegrain, Packaged Batch, Lifestyle Bread, Seeded Bread, Dietary Bread, Soda Bread, Bagels, Gluten-free Bread, Burger Buns, Hotdog Rolls
Manufacturing and packaging a range of bread, burger buns and hot dog rolls.
Over 45 years ago, Old Mr Brennan baked the first loaves of Brennan’s Bread in the company’s one room bakery in Fumbally Lane, Dublin.
Brennan’s Bread is now one of the largest bakeries in Ireland and is still very a much a family affair, with Old Mr Brennan’s family still overseeing the recipes and baking skills he perfected.
The company’s motto is ‘Today’s Bread Today’ and that means the bread customers see on the shop shelf every day will have left the bakery early that very morning.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Commitment to source from suppliers with recognised sustainability certifications and/or existing sustainability plans.
- Develop sustainability initiatives with key suppliers.
- Reduce energy consumption per unit of product produced.
- Reduce waste generation and the amount of waste going to landfill.
- Brennans feel that they can positively influence local community with green and health driven initiatives. Recently the company sponsored the Green Café in Walkinstown and they are currently championing a healthy eating initiatives in schools called ‘Healthy Heroes Club’ . Brennans continue to help fund community products; most recent being St Agnes music school.
Unique Selling Points
Brennan’s Bread is the number one selling bread in Ireland and the country’s third largest grocery brand.
Arguably one of the most iconic Irish food brands from the last 50 years, it prides itself on its promise of ‘Today’s Bread Today’.
Awards & Accreditations
- EIQA – Quality Management Systems Awards 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
- EIQA Level 3 – Quality Management Systems Awards 2012, 2013
- Overall National Winner – Quality Management Systems Awards 2012, 2013
- ‘Highly Commended’ – Quality Management Systems Awards 2016