Cashew, Almond & Cinnamon Granola, Cranberry, Coconut & Chia Seed Granola, Apricot & Walnut Granola, No Added Sugar Granola, Date & Banana Muesli, Fig & Almond Muesli, Cashew, Almond & Cinnamon On-The-Go Granola Pot, Cranberry, Coconut & Chia Seed On-The-Go Granola Pot, No Added Sugar Granola Pot, Porridge Pot and Kilo Bags for Foodservice.
Producing an award-winning range of gluten, wheat and dairy-free cereals that are low in sugar and made with the exemplary natural ingredients.
Maria Lucia Bakes is an artisan producer of luxurious gluten, wheat and dairy-free granola and toasted muesli cereals.
Its award-winning cereals are low in sugar and high in fibre and protein and made with the superior natural ingredients which are baked by hand.
Maria’s family had a tearooms and guesthouse during her childhood where everything served to guests was homemade. Helping her mother in the kitchen during the school holidays instilled a love of baking.
The idea to start a gluten-free food business came about when a gluten intolerant friend stayed with Maria. She adapted her recipes to suit her guest, and inspired by her friend’s reaction, she took the first step towards turning her passion into a business.
Key Sustainability Commitments
- Reduce packaging: Maria Lucia Bakes will save 100 kilos in packaging through selling 1 kilo bags to customers through their online shop.
- Through social media Maria Lucia Bakes will promote a healthy lifestyle with recipe ideas for healthy eating.
- The company will endeavour to lower the sugar content in their products and in future products. Due to demand for lower sugar products the company introduced a No Added Sugar granola last year.
- 2.5% of net profit will be given to charity.
Unique Selling Points
Maria Lucia Bakes has strong branding, award-winning taste and the only single portion granola pots available on the market.
Maria Lucia’s porridge pot is dairy-free, while most others contain milk powder; 54% of gluten intolerant people are also dairy intolerant.
High in fibre, protein and nut content (12% in its cashew, almond and cinnamon granola), its cereals only boast natural sugars like honey and fruit.
The company also has a No Added Sugar variety, which is a best seller.
Awards & Accreditations
- Winner: Best Cereal – Irish Quality Food Awards 2015
- Great Taste Award 2014
- Winner: Innovation Award – Irish Free From Food Awards 2017
- Highly Commended: Tesco Small Producer of the Year Award – Irish Quality Food & Drink Awards
- BRC Grade AA 2017