Confectionary / Snacks
Roasted Almond Nougat Bars, Almond & Pistachio Nougat Bars, Almond Coconut & Lemon Nougat Bars, Almond & Mixed Berry Bars, Almond & Fig Bars, Chocolate, Hazelnut & Cranberry Bars, Nut Selection Gift Box, Fruit Selection Gift Box, Christmas Selection Gift Box and Hand Embossed Tins.
Manufacturing a high quality natural nougat.
Miena started producing nougat in her domestic kitchen in 2012. The following year, she converted her garage into a small nougat factory, launching her new product at the RDS Craft Fair.
By March 2014, she was listed with Avoca, and more stores followed. Investing in a flow wrapper in 2015 changed the branding and packaging, finishing the product.
Miena employs one full-time member of staff and is in the process of expanding the factory with a view to employing two additional staff. Come September 2017, Miena’s will produce for Dunnes under ‘Simply Better’.
Meina’s multi award-winning products are distributed through Diverse Fine Foods in the UK and she is currently in talks with Cotsworld Fayer.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Miena’s are currently organising and implementing a supplier survey, which is to be sent to all suppliers of their raw materials. This will be used to identify the sustainability credentials of potential and current suppliers, allowing the company to choose the most environmentally friendly suppliers to work with.
- During the 1st year of their plan, Miena’s are to establish water use and identify reduction targets. The aim is to reduce water use by 5% each year.
- In addition, Miena’s are to establish energy use and identify reduction targets. The desired reduction target is 5% per year.
- The company aims to minimise the amount of waste they send to landfill by reusing and recycling where they can. Initiatives implemented in this area include reusing containers that ingredients come in as in-house storage. The company are targeting a 5% reduction in waste to landfill each year.
- Improve overall employee health and wellbeing by offering herbal and organic teas, fruit and nuts.
- Foster job creation in the local rural area by employing new staff members.
Unique Selling Points
The nougat is of high quality, tastes great, is not too sweet and has a soft chew. It is packed with fruit and nuts.
Miena takes a lot of pride in the packaging and the presentation, making it an attractive artisan product.
Awards & Accreditations
- Silver – Blas na hÉireann Awards 2016
- One Star – Great Taste Awards 2016
- Gold, Bronze – Free From Food Awards 2016
- Gold, Silver, Bronze – Free From Food Awards 2017