Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls – Meat & Vegetarian, Savoury Pastry Meat Pies, Potato Topped Meat Pies, Fruit Turnovers, Fruit Tarts & Pies and Puff Pastry Meat & Vegetarian Filled Slices.
Frozen, unbaked shortcrust and puff pastry, meat and fruit-filled products for leading brands, supplying Ireland and the UK.
Newbridge Foods employs 88 full-time staff at its 10,000sq.ft facility in Newbridge Industrial Estate, Co. Kildare.
Commissioned in 1992, the unit is purpose-built for the manufacture of frozen produce, including fruit pies, fruit slices, meat pies, meat slices and sausage rolls.
Many leading brand products are manufactured onsite and customers include Dunnes Stores, Musgraves NI, Aryzta Food Solutions, Delice de France, Deli France Ltd, Pallas Foods and Sayers The Bakers. All are produced in accordance with customer guidelines and latest relevant legislation.
Process flows from goods inwards, to cooked and uncooked areas, to packaging, final goods freezers and goods out. The cooked area covers the production of the fruit pies, fruit slices, meat pies and meat slices. The uncooked area covers the manufacture of sausage rolls.
The premises are regularly inspected by veterinary officers on behalf of the Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine and the Food Safety Authority of Ireland, while Newbridge Foods’ leading customers also carry out random audits. This ensures ongoing compliance with relevant legislative standards.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- All raw material suppliers to have an environmental sustainability plain in place by the end of 2019, with targets of 20% by 2017, 60% in 2018, and 100% in 2019.
- Reduce energy consumption by 6% across 3 years, with a 1% reduction in 2017, 2% in 2018 and 3% in 2019.
- Reduce food waste by 6% across 3 years, with a 2% reduction each year.
- Reduce packaging waste by 11% across 3 years, with a 5% reduction in 2017, 3% in 2018 and 3% in 2019.
- Liaise with local secondary schools in relation to facilitating transitional year students with work experience as part of their academic studies (by 2017).
- Provide funding towards student projects/field trips as agreed with the school principal (by 2018).
- Liaise with school principal on contribution towards a capital investment that would be of great benefit to students (by 2019).
Unique Selling Points
Newbridge Foods is a specialist in pastry manufacturing. Its high quality NPD department proactively works with its raw material suppliers regarding new food trends and flavours for a variety of customers.
It has a large manufacturing site, with substantial room for expansion if necessary, and a highly trained and enthusiastic workforce.
Awards & Accreditations
- Previously finalists for a number of years in the EIQA Awards and a Blas na hÉireann finalist.
- Business supporter of Biodiversity Ireland
- BRC Grade AA+
- DAFM accredited
- RSPO certified to Segregated status
- Repak approved
- SEDEX Member