Mackerel, Herring, Horse Mackerel, Blue Whiting, Sprat, Smoked Haddock, Smoked Coley, Smoked Cod, Smoked Kippers, Smoked Mackerel Fillets.
Frozen Foods and Seafood.
Norfish Ltd is a family business established in 1974, situated in the fishing port of Killybegs, Co. Donegal.
Operating a state-of-the-art processing facility, it specialises in the processing of pelagic seafood and smoked seafood, with the emphasis on quality products.
In 2011, the company invested in a new smokehouse where it produces fine smoked products, including good quantities of smoked haddock, cod, and coley. Norfish Ltd also processes smoked tuna and mackerel.
Both fresh and frozen products are available and key markets for the company include Europe, Russia, Asia and Africa.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Maintain MSC Chain of Custody certificate for Mackerel and Herring.
- Maintain BIM Responsible Sourced Standard for premises, assuring that catches have been fished responsibly, are of the highest quality and are fully traceable.
- Undertake a supply chain sustainability review, to ensure RIF Membership and BIM Responsibly sources standard certification, as well as investigate MSC Chain of Custody certification for additional species.
- Reduce energy consumption per unit produced by 3% per year.
- Recycle 100% of cardboard and plastic.
- Increase employee satisfaction and well being.
- Continue to provide sponsorship.
- Provide educational tours.
Unique Selling Points
Norfish Ltd is one of the principle Irish processors and exporters of premium pelagic fish from Ireland.
Raw material is sourced from the North West Atlantic waters and brought to its factory in refrigerated seawater trawlers.
Its smoked fish sales have grown year-on-year, and the company is extremely confident that business will expand even further.
Awards & Accreditations
- Marine Stewardship Council
- BIM Responsible Sourced Standard
- EU Licensed Facility