Brand and private label pre-packed and deli sliced cooked meats, including: Brady Family Torn Ham Traditional, Brady Family Ham Pieces Traditional, Brady Family Torn Ham Smokey Bacon, Brady Family Traditional Ham, Brady Family Hand Crumbed Ham, Brady Family Hand Crumbed Ham Family Pack, Brady Family Glazed By Hand Ham and Brady Family Wafer Thin Ham.
Supplying quality meat to the Irish market. O'Brien Fine Foods is proud to create award-winning products made from 100% Irish Bord Bia approved pork.
O’Brien Fine Foods in Co. Kildare includes the Brady Family and Homebird brands and the company also produces a significant number of own label products for various Irish retailers.
O’Brien Fine Foods now commands a significant share of the pre-packed sliced cooked and deli meat markets. It was the first Irish ham producer certified by Bord Bia as exclusively using 100% Irish pork and it’s the only large cooked meats company that continues to source all Irish Bord Bia approved pork.
Bill O’Brien and his wife Patricia took over Brady Family Ham in the year 2000 and since then the Brady Family brand has expanded its share at the deli counter sector and has moved into the pre-packed sector where it is going from strength to strength, thanks in part to its pre-packed carvery and torn range.
O’Brien Fine Foods currently employs 380 people at its plant in Timahoe and, in 2014, it officially became an approved member of Origin Green.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- All raw materials sourced from suppliers with recognised certifications. All pork supplied is Bord Bia Quality Approved.
- Motion sensors installed in low occupancy areas to activate lights (2012-Present).
- Heat Rejection from Refrigeration Units to our hot water system (2012) saving (approx. 4k yearly).
- Green Business energy efficiency audit carried out in March of 2014.
- Black belt project being carried out by Continuous improvement leader to reduce packaging waste.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Reduced salt content by 20% in the Brady Cooked Ham.
- Sponsors of Kildare GAA.
- Barretstown charity sponsorship.
Unique Selling Points
Innovation and new product development is at the heart of what O’Brien Fine Foods does. The company produces a range of quality award-winning cooked and uncooked meat products for both brand and private label.
Its two manufacturing sites allows it to deliver expertise and focus across all areas of meat manufacturing, slicing and packaging.
O’Brien Fine Foods has the experience to translate and adapt the most groundbreaking concepts into a competitive end product. Focusing closely on the needs and wants of, not only the consumer, but also the customer and their ever-changing tastes, enables them to produce goods meeting specified requirements.
Awards & Accreditations
- Bronze – Blás Na hEireann Awards 2016
- Irish Quality Food Award 2016
- Two Gold Stars – Great Taste Awards 2014
- Gold – Great Taste Awards 2012
- Blás Na hEireann Award 2010
- Gold – Great Taste Awards 2010
- Bord Bia Quality Assurance