Stage 1/ Five Months +: Banana Blue, Squashy Potato, Sweet Pepper Pot; Stage 2/Seven Months+: Fishy Dishy, Lovely Lentils, Chicken Lickin' Casserole; Stage 3/10 Months +: Baby Beef Ragu, Lamb Tagine, Tutti Fruity Chicken Curry; Toddler – Cheesy Chicken Pasta, Rizzi Risotto, Super Dooper Stew
Chilled baby and toddler meals.
Pip and Pear is proudly made in Ireland and was set up by mother and restaurateur, Irene Queally.
Being a busy parent of two, Irene felt there was a need for a baby food range that was just like home cooking; nutritious, tasty and filled with vibrant flavours and textures.
Irene trialled her range in her restaurant ‘No.9 Barronstrand St’, Waterford and the feedback from parents and babies was extremely positive.
The range then won gold, silver and bronze at the 2014 Blas na hÉireann Awards and is now available in supermarkets all over Ireland.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Maintain standards of sourcing 100% Irish Bord Bia Quality Assured meat and poultry and certified organic fruit and vegetables.
- Maintain standards of sourcing sustainable packaging which is recyclable, BPA free and re-usable.
- Increase level of recycling at office with the introduction of the ‘Binless Office’ initiative.
- Increased commitment to and involvement in local communities and schools, raising awareness on nutrition and annual donations to charitable organisations.
- Maintain commitment to local communities and providing nutritional information to parents across the Pip & Pear website.
Unique Selling Points
Pip and Pear is a chilled baby food range, making it very different to the long shelf life jars and pouches available.
Merchandised in the dairy fridge of supermarkets countrywide, it has a shelf life of 28 days. Each pot of Pip and Pear contains up to two of baby’s five-a-day portions and contains no added salt, sugar or additives.
Proudly made in Ireland, the wholesome range is gently cooked using Irish Bord Bia Quality Assured beef, chicken and lamb and organic fruit and vegetables.
Awards & Accreditations
Pip and Pear has won gold, silver and bronze at the 2014, 2015 and gold at the 2016 Blas na hÉireann National Irish Food Awards. Pip and Pear won the Maternity & Infant ‘Best Baby Food’ Award in 2015 and 2016 and is a regional winner of the 2017 National Enterprise Awards.
The company is BRC certified.