Confectionary / Snacks
Whiskey Salted Caramel , Maple Moose Munch , Vanilla & Chocolate Stout , Retail (80g/90g packs, case size 12 ), Foodservice (35g packs, 500g/1kg bulk bags)
Making gourmet snacks, specifically caramel popcorn, using locally sourced and sustainable ingredients.
Popsy Daisy is an artisanal snack manufacturing company making gourmet caramel popcorn products by focusing on local ingredient partnerships and ethical business practices.
It was founded in 2016 with a mission to take sustainable business practices from the margins to the mainstream of the European snack foods industry.
It currently makes three flavours for retail and foodservice: Whiskey Salted Caramel, Maple Moose Munch, and Vanilla & Chocolate Stout. It also produces bespoke seasonal flavours for local markets and festivals.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Source 100% of ingredients using sustainability criteria.
- Use 100% sustainable packaging for finished products.
- Reduce packaging waste per kg of product produced (from 2017 baseline).
- Reduce food waste across all stages of production cumulatively by the baseline target established per kilogram produced.
- Health & Nutrition: Reduce total sugar across the portfolio through reformulation by 2020 based on our 2017 baseline.
- Community: Engage in one annual activity with a supplier or customer that provides direct benefit to either a registered charity, a school, or to a local community organisation in Ireland.
Unique Selling Points
Using only locally sourced, organic, or Fairtrade ingredients without artificial flavours, preservatives, or stabilisers, Popsy Daisy is first to market with unique flavours.
It is the only popcorn company focused on local branding partnerships and environmental sustainability, and currently the only snack foods company in Ireland using compostable packaging.