Pork Legs , Pork Middle, Pork Loins, Pork Belly , Pork Fore End , Pork Offal , Pork Rib & Bones, Pork Manufacturing, Bacon – cured back, boneless, rindless , Bacon – cured steaks, boneless, rindless , Bacon – cured gammon, bone in , Bacon – cured gammon, converter cut , Bacon – cured gammon, boneless, horseshoe cut
The production of Irish pork and bacon.
Established in 1950, Staunton Foods has been supplying quality pork and bacon products for over 60 years to both domestic and export markets.
Based in the picturesque village of Timoleague, in rural West Cork, Staunton Foods opened a new purpose-built factory in 1996 where it continues to operate.
Numerous expansions of the factory have allowed the company to grow and become one of the main pig meat processors in Ireland.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- All pigs are sourced locally and all of the company’s suppliers are members of Bord Bia Quality Assurance scheme.
- Source all other raw materials from companies who have sustainability initiatives in place.
- Reduce energy with through the implementation of LED lighting, replacing fluorescent.
- Implement a recycling programme on-site.
- Sponsorship of local GAA club.
Unique Selling Points
While Staunton Foods has experienced rapid expansion in recent years, it still maintains the flexibility to adjust to changing markets and customer requirements, working closely with customers to ensure their needs are met.
The company’s location on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean means it is surrounded by all that nature has to offer – making Staunton Foods committed to protecting the environment by producing in a sustainable manner.
Most of its suppliers are located nearby, which minimises journey times for the pig supply and reduces any issues associated with prolonged travel.
Awards & Accreditations
- Bord Bia Quality Assurance Programme
- ISO 50001