White Tortilla, Wheaten Tortilla, Flavoured Tortilla (Tomato, Spinach, Cool Dill, Texas BBQ, Rosemary & Garlic, Multi-grain Thai Ginger), Gluten-free Tortillas and Ambient and frozen thin crust pizza bases – foodservice chains based in UK, Ireland and Continental Europe. All available in a range of sizes.
Manufacturing flour tortilla wraps, gluten-free tortillas and thin crust pizza bases.
The Flatbread Company was founded in 2008 and began production the following year. In the initial two years, the company focused on the manufacture of thin crust pizza bases for the foodservice sector, primarily in the UK.
In April 2011, the company started to manufacture tortillas for the Irish and UK markets, with sales growing consistently across the sector in ambient and frozen products.
Unfortunately, the company suffered a fire in January 2015, destroying the entire production facility. The management team worked tirelessly to rebuild a new state-of-the-art plant now in Tullamore.
Since reopening the new bakery, The Flatbread Company has excelled, growing its product ranges, customers and markets in the process.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Maintain RSPO accreditation.
- Maintain SEDEX membership.
- Maintain 100% use of packaging suppliers that are FSC certified.
- Create and distribute a supplier survey to establish sustainability credentials.
- Reduce energy use by 5%.
- Reduce CO2 emissions by 5%.
- Reduce production associated waste by 50%.
- Reduce packing waste by 5% by 2021.
- Create wildlife and insect areas around the facility.
- To reduce water use by 2% by 2021.
- The Flatbread Company aim to increase social inclusion of elderly people in the community and to continue to host TY students for work experience.
- The Flatbread Company will continue to encourage staff to take part in charity events, increase the number of staff using the Bike to Work scheme and also help reduce the number of staff who smoke.
Unique Selling Points
The Flatbread Company is the only bakery on the island of Ireland producing flour tortillas and pizza bases.
Making up to 70 million tortillas a year, The Flatbread Company actively engages with customers to develop new flavour concepts with the aim of satisfying the end user.
In 2016 it successfully developed a gluten-free tortilla capability, which has been a major success for the business.
Awards & Accreditations
- Winner: Food and Drink Category – SFA National Small Business Awards 2017
- Winner: Engineering Advancements – MEETA Award 2011 / 2013
- Innovation and Service Awards from Domino’s UK
- BRC Grade AA
- RSPO Accreditation
- SEDEX membership