The Rising Single Malt Irish Whiskey – 11 years old, Knockmealdowns Single Malt Irish Whiskey – 10 years old, Watershed Single Malt Irish Whiskey and Various single cask bottlings.
Distilling world-class Irish whiskey.
Tipperary Boutique Distillery Ltd was founded in March 2016 by Jennifer Nickerson, Stuart Nickerson and Liam Ahearn. As a group with complementary skills in distilling, financial planning and farming, the company possesses the unique expertise to deliver world-class Irish whiskeys.
Situated in Ireland’s Golden Vale, Tipperary Boutique Distillery is based on the Ahearn family farm. Its unique location, combined with Stuart Nickerson’s whiskey expertise and passion, affords it the opportunity to create great whiskey from its own barley, grown on Ballindoney Farm.
While waiting for its own spirit to mature, the company has searched Ireland for mature whiskeys to reflect the quality of the spirit which it will shortly make in Tipperary. The company has specifically selected these casks to bottle and release as its inaugural expressions: the award-winning Rising, Knockmealdowns and Watershed.
Tipperary Boutique Distillery’s own spirit, first distilled this year from its barley, must be aged in wood for at least three years before it can be called a whiskey. Luckily, after 200 years of watching barley ripen for harvest each year, patience is something this company has in abundance.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Material Sourcing
- Commitment to source 75% of raw materials from suppliers with recognised sustainability certifications by 2021.
- Develop a fully paperless office by 2021.
- Engage 70% or more of employees in fitness or wellness programs by 2019.
Unique Selling Points
Tipperary Boutique Distillery’s products are small batch, with only six barrels selected for each bottling. Every bottle is numbered and therefore special. The distillery doesn’t chill filter its whiskeys, retaining the full flavour of the spirit.
The Watershed and Knockmeladowns whiskeys are cut to bottling strength with water from the Ahearn family farm, providing a unique link to Tipperary.
Finally, its team has unrivalled experience, from raw ingredients to distillation and maturation.
Awards & Accreditations
- Silver: The Rising Single Malt Whiskey – International Wine & Spirits Competition
- Double Gold: Watershed Single Malt Whiskey – San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Best Start Up and County Winner – Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur
- Tipperary Winner, Food & Drink Category – National Enterprise Awards