We’re the people who power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step.
We make healthy, tasty food that brings people together. We create outstanding restaurant experiences, enhance sporting events and feed thousands of students every day. We enhance the wellbeing of thousands. Our food inspires and entertains; it nourishes and energises.
Compass Group Ireland is a leading catering provider with over 4,000 employees operating in more than 200 locations across the island of Ireland. We operate across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Education, Leisure and Hospitality with a broad client portfolio, catering for populations of all scales, from clients with teams of 6 to larger sites with populations of up to 3,500. We provide the following services; full service Restaurants, Hospitality & Fine Dining, Mini Café & Grab n Go’s, Coffee Bars & Micro-kitchens.
Compass Group Ireland is part of Compass Group PLC, a world-leading food and support services provider with annual revenues of £20 billion in the year to 30th September 2016, and £2 billion of revenues in the UK & Ireland.
Key Sustainability Commitments
Raw Materials Sourcing:
- 100% of tea and coffee to be ethically sourced by 2020
- Modern Slavery: Publish a Compass Human Rights Action Plan by end of 2017
- To work to have our soy suppliers producing sustainably by 2025
- Remove palm oil from our supply chain for cooking and baking by end 2017
- Buy 100% ethically sourced bananas by 2020
Source at least 60% of our Irish ingredients from Origin Green verified members by 2020
- Reduce food waste by 10% by 2020
- Reduce oil use in our kitchens by 10% by 2020
- Reduce CO2 emissions from transportation by 15% by 2020
- Reduce water and energy use in our kitchens by 10% by 2020
- Maintain ISO 14001 certification each year to 2020 for our environmental management system at all our Irish sites.
- To have 50% female new hires/appointments in our chef workforce by 2020
- Increase % of chef population to be City & Guild Certified (or equivalent qualification) by 2020
- Continue engagement with our existing charity partners
Health and Nutrition
- Reduce salt in our recipes by 50% by 2020
- Roll out Healthier Choice Options
- Achieve the Happy Heart Healthy Eating Award at 2 new sites per year whilst retaining all current awards for the other sites currently holding accreditation
- Launch a lifestyle website to replace our Know Your Food wellbeing boards
As a company that has been serving Ireland since 1987, we are more committed than ever to playing our part in creating a sustainable future for us all. Our colleagues are passionate about brightening everyone’s day with delicious and nutritious meals, food-on-the-go and services that keep workspaces and national treasures, such as the Aviva Stadium, National Gallery of Ireland & Páirc Uí Chaoimh, safe, clean and well run. In order to do this, we work with 220 Irish producers, suppliers and artisans and spend in excess of €50million a year on produce and supplies. Our corporate responsibility programme is the moral compass that guides our business as we look to the future. We are an Origin Green accredited business and have made firm commitments to society through this programme to 2020. We are actively uncovering opportunities for further growth and mitigating potential future risks. By challenging ourselves and striving to be better we can proactively respond to new consumer needs and, in doing so, create value for our business and our clients. Our programme also means we can attract and retain the best people in the industry who share the same societal goals.
Eighteen clear targets have been set across four focus areas of the business.
- Raw Material Sourcing
- Manufacturing Processes
- Social Sustainability
- Health & Nutrition
It’s also planned that 60% of Compass Group Ireland’s Irish listed food suppliers will be Origin Green members by 2020, which is €30 million per year on sustainably sourced food.
“I have worked for Compass Group Ireland for over 2 years and in that time I have listened to our customers, our clients, our suppliers and national agencies, such as An Bord Bia. I understand how our vital services can impact on our society, the scale of our contribution to business and the economy on the island of Ireland. What excited me is not only our great people, great food and great service but also our opportunity and responsibility to do great things and contribute positively to our community.
Compass Group Ireland is a trusted partner to many. As we grow and work with more strong partners we will be empowered to do more good. I am excited and confident about the journey we are charting and the bold goals we have set ourselves. I am sure with the support of our colleagues, our consumers and our partners that we can build on this momentum into the future”
Audrey Foley MD, Compass Group Ireland.