Hibernia Distillers Ltd.
The Hyde family has a long tradition of involvement in the drinks industry in Ireland; they were well-known tavern owners at ‘Tinkers Cross’ outside Bandon in West Cork, from 1640 to 1962. Here they sold Irish whiskey and draught Irish stout straight from wooden casks that they tapped by hand with a wooden mallet and a brass tap.
The drinks business runs through 12 generations of the Hyde family tree. At one stage in 1916, their grandfather, grand-uncle and grand-aunt were all publicans in Bandon. Today, Alan and Conor Hyde are the first generation not to own a tavern, but they continue the family tradition by producing some of Ireland’s finest whiskey.
Currently 100% of the malt grain and corn grain used for production is sourced from Irish suppliers. All packaging boxes are sourced from Irish suppliers and all product labels are printed locally. 100% recycled paper is used for all company brochures.
Committed to reducing office paper usage by 20% year on year.
Hibernia Distillers actively support local groups and charities through sponsorship and donations.