Mowi Ireland is the country’s leading producer of Organic Atlantic salmon and has operated successfully in Ireland for over 41 years, growing to employ over 300 people between its salmon farms, hatcheries and packing plant in Donegal, Mayo, Cork and Kerry. Mowi Ireland began as a small trout farm in the Fanad peninsula in 1979 and was known as Fanad Fisheries. In 1981 the Fanad farm became part of the Norwegian MOWI farming company. Today, we are part of the Mowi ASA Group which is a global force in salmon aquaculture with operations across 25 countries and a workforce of approximately 14,866 people and servicing 70 markets across the globe.
Mowi Ireland has also achieved the Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) salmon standard which is one of the highest international environmental and social sustainability standards in aquaculture. Mowi also topped the Coller FAIRR (Farm Animal Investment Risk & Return) Protein Producer Index in 2020. The index represents a comprehensive assessment of how some of the world’s biggest farmers of meat, fish and dairy are managing their sustainability risks. Mowi has secured a place on the 2020 CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project) Supplier Engagement Leader board which puts the company among the top 7% assessed for supplier engagement on climate change globally.
· Science Based Targets: reduce Scope 1,2 and 3 GHG emission by 35% until 2030 and 72% until 2050.
· By 2025, 100% of our plastic packaging will be reusable, recyclable or compostable
· By 2025 at least 25% of plastic packaging will come from recycled plastic content
· By 2023, 100% of farming plastic equipment is reused or recycled
· Towards 100% ASC certification by 2025
· Positive trend towards zero-escapes
· 100% trained on Mowi’s farming excellence program
· Reduce the dependency of treatment interventions involving fish handling
· Limit the number of medicinal treatments per farm, per cycle, as per requirements in the ASC standard, by 2025.
· By 2022, 99.5% survival in sea (average month)
· Reduction in antibiotic use from 2015
· By 2020, global welfare data capture and reporting system
· By 2023 minimum 50% of our stock with real time welfare monitoring
· 100% of feed raw materials are traceable
· 100% of marine raw materials are certified (IFFO RS or equivalent)
· 100% of soy is certified (Proterra or equivalent)
· Ffdrm < 1.20 and ffdro < 2.52 (ASC recommendations)
· Towards lower FCR
· Towards lower carbon footprint of feed raw materials
· ONE Mowi, operational excellence program
· Compliance with our code of conduct across the group
· Safe and meaningful work
· Year-on-year reduction in LTI per million hr worked
· Absence rate < 4%
· 30% female in leadership roles by 2025
· 50/50 employee gender ratio by 2025
· Develop and support the local communities in which we operate