Over 325 years ago, in 1690, Coffee House Lane, adjacent to the then busy trading part of Waterford, boasted what is long believed to be Ireland’s first ever coffee house. Green Coffee was traded at the Port, then Roasted, brewed and sold at John Aikenheads Coffee House on what became, Coffee House Lane of Waterford.
Originally roasting since 2011 as a small artisan roaster, its move to a new state of the art coffee roasting facility in 2016 has seen its investment in Roasting equipment and staff grow, giving them an output capacity of over 2 metric tonnes of coffee per day when required.
Coffeehouselane is named after the street in Waterford which was the site of Irelands very first coffee house and Irelands first commercial cup of coffee was served there in '1690'.
Tea & Coffee Warehouse are committed to sourcing a minimum of 50% of their green coffee from certified Rain Forest Alliance producers by 2020.
Tea & Coffee Warehouse are committed to producing a new 100% chemical free decaffeinated coffee for their customers.