Based in Co. Cork the Carbery Group is a leading international manufacturer of value-added ingredients, flavours and cheese. For over 50 years Carbery has brought innovative and high quality foods and ingredients to the marketplace: Creating great tasting, healthy food experiences enjoyed by people everywhere.
Carbery’s nutrition business pioneers, manufactures and markets a comprehensive range of advanced whey proteins. Although primarily destined for use in infant, performance, and clinical nutrition, these proteins are also suitable for protein supplementation in mainstream foods and beverages.
Key brands include Optipep® hydrolysed whey protein and Isolac® Whey Protein Isolate,.
Carbery manufactures cheese for retail, foodservice and catering and food manufacturing applications. Focused on tailored developments for end customers in terms of flavour and functionality. Bringing an award winning range of cheeses to consumers every day.
Key brands include Dubliner Cheese
The Carbery Group acquired its first flavour business in 1998. Since then, it has built up an international flavours division, Synergy Flavours, which provides flavourings, natural extracts and essences throughout the food, beverage and nutrition sectors. Synergy has operations in North and South America, the UK, Italy, Ireland and Thailand.
Key brands include Synergy Pure®
Sustainability and social responsibility are central to Carbery’s business model and journey of growth. As a co-operative owned Group, Carbery pursues economic viability and social responsibility in everything they do.
As part of it’s first Bord Bia Sustainability Charter Programme, Carbery exceeded all of its Origin Green sustainability targets ahead of schedule, this included a reduction in energy use/unit of production by 22.2% over the period 2012 to 2016 and a reduction in water consumption/unit of production by 12.9% in the same period.
Carbery has a very strong cooperative ethos and has always looked after its farmer shareholders, especially through the provision of first-rate milk prices.
Carbery has been fortunate enough to receive a succession of sustainability awards over the past number of years and key initiatives include:
1. Carbery Greener Dairy Farmers Initiative www.carbery.com/digitalstorytelling/
2. Energy management and the procurement of 100% renewable electricity at Ballineen
3. Enhancing local biodiversity and offsetting carbon emissions through the Carbery Trees planting initiative (45,000 native trees planted to date)
4. Commitment to Responsible Sourcing: Carbery is committed to sourcing 100% of its milk from suppliers participating in Bord Bia's Sustainable Dairy Assurance Scheme (SDAS).
5. Green 50 waste reduction project http://green50.ie/carbery-makes-good-green-50-pledge/
To find out more please visit: