Approved until 31 May 2020
Established in 1985, Dawn Farms is a family-owned company and the largest specialist supplier of cooked and fermented-meat ingredients outside of the US. The company currently supplies world-leading food brands across 40 markets, including the UK, the EU, the Middle East and Africa. All products are produced in state-of-the-art facilities, which include two production sites in Ireland, both of and have been awarded BRC AA status.
As a family-owned company, Dawn Farms philosophy is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for their staff, to be active and positive contributors to the communities in which they live and work and to be good stewards of the environment. As founding members of Origin Green Dawn Farms have achieved significant reductions in energy and water consumption along with carbon emissions.
Dawn Farms commitment to Origin Green goes beyond the here and now. It underpins their desire to guarantee the integrity of product and the security of supply long into the future. Dawn Farms put the principles of Origin Green at the centre of everything they do.
Since joining the Origin Green programme Dawn Farms have achieved the following:
• Energy: 35% total target reduction
• Water: 38% total target reduction
• Carbon Emissions: 20% total target reduction
• Dawn Farms are a zero waste to landfill company
• Free from MSG, Hydrogenated fats, non sustainable palm oil & nuts
• All products meet FSA Guidelines on lower salt & sugar levels
• Continued development of products with simple and healthy ingredients
Dawn Farms have become the lead sponsor of The Naas Neighbourhood Greenways project. This project aims to promote the development of a walking and cycling network for the greater Naas area and aids in the overall health of its citizens by contributing to a healthier lifestyle and a more enjoyable living environment.
Other local initiatives that Dawn Farms actively promote within the workplace and community include:
• Student & graduate placement programmes
• Actively promoting diversity and inclusion within the workplace
• Partners with FoodCloud — Aimed at reducing waste and providing charities with surplus food
• Supporting local clubs & charities
• Sponsorship of the Bord Bia Origin Green Ambassadors Programme
• BRC Global Standard AA Certified
• Members of SEDEX
• ISO 50001 Energy Management 2018
• IEA Food & Drink Exporter of the Year 2016
• Sustainable Energy Awards Winner 2014
• IEA Sustainable Exporter of the Year 2013
• IEA Food & Drink Exporter of the Year 2012