The Carbon Trust is an independent, expert partner of leading organisations around the world. This work helps organisations contribute to, and benefit from, a more sustainable future through carbon reduction, resource efficiency strategies, and commercialising low-carbon technologies. Created in 2001, the Carbon Trust offers more than 16 years of experience in the low carbon sector with over 180 experts of 30 different nationalities based in the UK, China, Mexico, Brazil, India, South Africa and the USA.
Until now, natural resources such as energy, materials, water, and land have been abundant and cheap. As a result, today’s economy from buildings and transport to food and clothing is wasteful. The scarcity of resources, the impact of their use, and the growth of emerging economies mean that the infrastructure, products and services of tomorrow will have to be radically different. The Carbon Trust works with organisations to address these challenges and delivers on its mission: to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy.
The Carbon Trust’s engineers, policymakers, financiers, and entrepreneurs have experience from a wide range of sectors, and each is personally committed to delivering positive change. The Carbon Trust works with organisations to cut through uncertainty to provide insights that support better, often bolder, decisions. They design and manage complex projects and collaborations that overcome financial and behavioural barriers to deliver real results. And, when the time comes to celebrate success, they recognise achievement through assurance and certification of the outcomes.
Some of the ways in which the Carbon Trust can support Origin Green members include:
- Footprint Measurement - a wide range of advice to support the measurement of environmental impacts of organisations and products i.e. carbon, water, and waste.
- Science-Based Targets - aligning targets to the latest requirements from climate science.
- Value Chain - assessing the broader impacts of businesses and developing strategies to engage supply chain partners ISO 50001.
- Implementation Support - putting in place an energy management system that meets international standards for best practice.
- Technical Expertise - engineering expertise to undertake energy audits, energy management advice, design advice, or to support the implementation of projects.
Visit the Carbon Trust for more information www.carbontrust.com